Friday, January 25, 2008

My Birth Day

As most of you know by now, I decided to be born more than two weeks early. I was due on January 13, 2008, but that was too long for me to wait. I was getting cramped and uncomfortable and from what I understand Mommy was getting kind of uncomfortable too. The day before I was born, Friday, December 28, 2007, Mommy was supposed to go to work, but she had a doctor's appointment and it was REALLY SLOW because no one was working the week between Christmas and New Year's, so she decided to take the day off.

Mommy went to the doctor's that day and they looked at me and listened to me and said that I was doing fine. The midwife wasn't expecting me any time soon, but told Mommy that with babies, you can never really be sure. So Mommy went and did some shopping and got Daddy's car serviced and then went home. She thought she started having contractions in the afternoon, but wasn't sure. Mommy's a little neurotic so she started writing down the times of her contractions starting at 4:38 pm. Mommy thought it was false labor, but the contractions kept on coming. They were still far apart, but they kept coming. Daddy was working late and when he came home at 11 pm, Mommy said that they may need to go to the hospital, but she still thought it was probably false labor and told Daddy to go to bed. So Daddy went to bed. Mommy kept writing down her contraction times and they kept coming.

Around 3:15 am, Mommy got Daddy out of bed and told him it was time to go to the hospital. Daddy got out of bed really fast and was in the car ready to do in less than 10 minutes.

When Mommy got to the hospital she asked for an epidural and they told her it was too late and that I was on my way. Mommy was really not happy, but after a few (drug-free) hours of pushing and lots of yelling by Mommy, I was there.

Mommy says that Daddy did a really good job, too. Daddy was so happy and proud and started taking pictures...





I broke Daddy in really good and pooped on him when I was less than one hour old! But Daddy forgave me and did a good job feeding me later that day.







Two days later Mommy, Daddy and I went home.



No comments: